How do you degrease a grill?
Remove the grates, burner hoods, and grease pan, and scrub them with hot, soapy water (or a food-surface-safe degreaser, like Simple Green) and a plastic scour pad. Do the same inside the firebox and lid. Thoroughly rinse and dry all parts before reassembling.
What household items can you use to clean a grill?
By Julia Furukawa
- Vinegar Spray. Vinegar is a great household cleaner that can be used in lieu of harsh chemicals, and it works just as well for your grill. …
- Baking Soda. Baking soda is a great natural exfoliant. …
- Dishwasher. Unless your grill is very large, most grates will fit in a standard dishwasher. …
How do you make homemade degreaser?
- Combine 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of water in a small bowl. …
- For extra degreasing power, add a few drops of orange or lemon essential oil. …
- Spread the paste over the dirty surface. …
- Lightly spray vinegar over the paste to make it fizz, making it even easier to clean.
What to use if you don’t have grill cleaner?
Distilled White Vinegar
To use white vinegar on your grill, mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Make sure the grill or smoker is cool and then spray the solution on, especially making sure to saturate the grates. Let the vinegar sit for 10 minutes to allow it to break down grease and grime.
How do I clean my grill with vinegar?
Make a vinegar solution with equal parts white vinegar and water, spray onto your grill, and let sit for half an hour. Then, empty the bottle and refill with a small quantity of neat vinegar. Spray again, let it sit for another half an hour, and then wipe your grate clean.
How do you get grease off an outdoor grill?
Use a sponge to scrub the side of your grill with dish soap and water. If the stains won’t come off, mix a paste with three parts baking soda and one part water. Coat the paste on the side of your grill and wait about 15 minutes. Then, wipe the grill clean.
Dish soap and water is the most reliable way to clean a gas grill without chemicals. You can always reapply dish soap and water to break down the tough grease. Using chemicals like baking soda and water or vinegar and water is the more efficient way to clean your gas grill.
What can I soak my BBQ grill in to clean it?
Whether you have food that won’t come off with a grill brush or you’re doing your annual deep cleanse, soak the grates in a mix of vinegar and baking soda. The vinegar and baking soda will work together to break apart burnt-on food.
How do you clean a dirty greasy gas grill?
You can easily and inexpensively clean your gas grill with a spray bottle, vinegar, a cotton cloth and water. Simply add two cups each of vinegar and lukewarm water to the spray bottle, then shake. Spray the mixture on the grill racks and let it set for 10 minutes.