Can you freeze unbaked apple pie?
To freeze an unbaked pie, wrap pie tightly or place in a plastic freezer bag (as you would a baked pie). Don’t cut slits in the top crust. Unbaked fruit pies will keep in the freezer up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, unwrap and carefully cut slits in the still-frozen top crust.
Does baked apple pie freeze well?
If you baked your pie and still have leftovers, you can freeze them, too. After all, freezing apple pie works quite well — just place it uncovered in the freezer. Once frozen solid, wrap the pie in plastic wrap and place it back into the freezer. You can keep it frozen for 3-4 months.
How do you freeze homemade pies?
Freeze the pie, uncovered, until firm, then wrap it in a double layer of plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil and return it to the freezer. For optimal freshness, freeze the pie for no longer than 2 months. To bake a frozen fruit pie: Do not thaw.
Does homemade apple pie need to be refrigerated?
An Apple pie does not need to be refrigerated if it is whole and kept covered. BUT, once an apple pie is opened, cut or sliced it SHOULD be placed into the refrigerator for both safe keeping and to extend its shelf life.
How do you freeze pies after baking?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
How do you keep apple pie fresh?
How to Store Baked Apple Pie: You can keep baked apple pies at room temperature for up to two days. If the pie has been sliced, cover loosely with foil or plastic wrap. Apple pie will keep for an additional 2-3 days in the refrigerator, loosely covered with foil or plastic wrap.
How do you store pies after baking?
After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours. Within 4 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
How do you reheat a frozen baked apple pie?
To reheat a frozen baked pie, thaw the pie in the refrigerator overnight and reheat (bake) in a 350°F oven till heated through. The crust will need to be shielded to prevent over-browning.
Can you make apple pie ahead of time?
If you’re planning way ahead, you can also bake an apple pie in advance, cool it, and pop it in the freezer for up to 4 months. … You can also reheat the pie for 15 minutes (or until warmed through) in a 425°F oven so everyone gets a nice warm slice after dinner.
How do you freeze apples?
- Peel and core the apples. …
- Soak the apple slices in a lemon juice bath for 5 minutes. …
- Drain. …
- Arrange on a large baking sheet. …
- Freeze for 4 hours- overnight.
- Transfer to a freezer bag, labelled with the contents & date. …
- Freeze for up to 1 year!
How do you bake a frozen fruit pie?
How to Bake a Frozen Fruit Pie
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Unwrap your frozen fruit pie and cover it with aluminum foil. Place it on a cookie sheet to catch spillage. …
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes. …
- Uncover the pie and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the crust turns golden and the filling begins to bubble.