How long does it cook take to cook a 23lb turkey?
How Long to Cook a Turkey
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|10 to 12 lb||6 to 8||2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
What temperature do you cook a 23lb turkey on?
How long to cook the turkey: temperatures and times
- For a 10–13-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 350° oven for 1 1/2–2 1/4 hr.
- For a 14–23-lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 2–3 hr.
- For a 24–27-lb. …
- For a 28–30-lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2–4 1/2 hr.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long per kg do you cook a turkey for?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
In a 325°F oven, here’s a rough guide for how long to cook a stuffed turkey from the pros at foodsafety.gov. These stuffed turkey cooking times have been tested and proven to work well by our Test Kitchen team: For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours. For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
How long to cook a turkey at 325 in a convection oven?
Range & Wall Oven – Cooking a Turkey in a Convection Oven
|Unstuffed (10-15 lbs.)||8-11 min./lb||325|
|Unstuffed (over 15 lbs.)||7-10 min/lb.||325|
|4-6 lbs. Breast||16-19 min/lb||325|
How long should a turkey rest for?
Turkeys between 4-6kg should be rested for 1½ hours, and ones from 6-10kg can rest for two hours. Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven.
Should you wash your turkey?
Wash Hands and Surfaces; not the Turkey
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How often should you baste your turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.